We are working with reduced staff and volunteers. Animal care is our top priority so we may not be able to answer our phones. If you are interested in adopting a pet, please email email@example.com. You can also find a full contact directory on our website at https://www.lakehumane.org/who-we-are/contact-us/. Thank you for understanding!
We are excited to begin offering the opportunity to visit with our pets at the shelter during public hours and by appointment. In order to make this process as safe as possible, the following protocols have been put in place:
1. Lake Humane Society is now open to the public to browse our adoptable animals on Thursdays from 3:00 PM-7:00 PM and Sundays from 12:00 PM-4:00 PM. Adoptions will continue to be available by appointment only and pets will not be permitted to be removed from their cages or kennels for visits during viewing hours. If interested in an animal you have seen, please complete an online application which will be sent to our adoption counselors to help you set up a convenient appointment time to meet your new best friend.
2. Appointments are still being made for adoptions. Please browse our adoptable pets online and choose a few pets you may be interested in meeting.
3. All potential visitors must fill out an adoption application and be pre-approved before making an appointment. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting the application on our website.
4. After pre-approval, an appointment will be set by our Adoption Counselor. Please let her know the names of the cats you are interested in meeting. Each appointment will last a maximum of 30 minutes with no more than 3 people per family visiting.
5. Upon arrival at Lake Humane Society, masks are optional for vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask.
6. If a visitor is more than 10 minutes late or misses their appointment time, another appointment will need to be made. If an appointment is missed, Lake Humane Society cannot put animals on hold.
7. All visiting rooms will be disinfected between visitors including tables and chairs.
If you see a pet that you are interested in, please email our adoption staff at email@example.com or complete an adoption application online.