We are being cautious and working with reduced staff and volunteers. Animal care is our top priority so we may not be able to answer our phones. If you are interested in adopting a pet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find a full contact directory on our website at https://www.lakehumane.org/who-we-are/contact-us/. Thank you for understanding!
We are excited to begin offering the opportunity to visit with our cats at the shelter by appointment. In order to make this process as safe as possible, the following protocols have been put in place:
1. Please browse our adoptable cats online and choose a few cats you may be interested in meeting.
2. All potential visitors must fill out an adoption application and be pre-approved before making an appointment. This can be done by emailing email@example.com or submitting the application on our website.
3. After pre-approval, an appointment will be set by our Adoption Counselor. Please let her know the names of the cats you are interested in meeting. Each appointment will last a maximum of 30 minutes with no more than 3 people per family visiting.
4. Upon arrival at Lake Humane Society, all visitors will be asked to put their name on a visitor log, take their temperature and wear a mask. A mask must be worn at all times while in the shelter. If you are sick, please cancel your appointment.
5. If a visitor is more than 10 minutes late or misses their appointment time, another appointment will need to be made. If an appointment is missed, Lake Humane Society cannot put cats on hold. If potential adopters are running late, a foster to adopt option will still be made available and the cat can be taken home at that time.
6. All visiting rooms will be disinfected between visitors including tables and chairs.
Visits with dogs will still take place outdoors by appointment. If you see a pet that you are interested in, please email our adoption staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an adoption application online.