POSITION SUMMARY: The Event & Partnership Coordinator works closely with the Director of Development to facilitate Lake Humane Society’s ongoing fundraising efforts to meet long and short-term fundraising goals. The Event & Partnership Coordinator is fully responsible for facilitating Lake Humane Society’s signature fundraising events, cultivating sponsorships and assisting with donor relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; BS or BA in Event Planning, Communications, or comparable field is preferred; or equivalent training, education, and experience, which provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the primary job duties.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in event planning and fundraising is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while still remaining focused, driven, and on task.
- Organized and detail oriented. Must be able to effectively prioritize duties and delegate tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Committed to maintaining the integrity of the organization’s events, while professionally representing Lake Humane Society at all times.
- Proficiency with technology, including the Microsoft suite, and constituent data management software (CRM) is preferred. Marketing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation to design events that fit the vision of the organization.
- Ability to confidently solicit monetary gifts and build partnerships to further LHS’s mission.
- Adheres to Lake Humane Society’s mission, vision, and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement the logistics, objectives, strategies and measurements for all signature special events with the support of volunteers.
- Create a robust sponsorship program through strategic acquisition and stewardship efforts, including both event and cage sponsorship.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator in the development of all event related materials and promotions.
- Develop and manage the events budget and create a strategic events plan to increase operating revenue for LHS.
- Professionally represent the organization at all events, seeking advantageous partnerships with community businesses, vendors, and individuals.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with event contacts, including, but not limited to: sponsors, vendors, event committees, venue contacts, and volunteers.
- Respond to event attendee requests and inquires when appropriate and communicate regularly with the Director of Development to ensure donor needs are met.
- Manage all off-site event requests, including scheduling, communicating with event contacts and coordinating with LHS department heads. This includes adoption events, community events and third-party benefit events.
- Conduct regular off-site events trainings in order to fully train and prepare volunteers before they assist at events. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure the appropriate amount of volunteers are available at all events and signed up to assist with Development duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with development volunteers.
- Assist the Event & Partnership Coordinator with scheduling and facilitating event committee meetings. Record meeting minutes and follow up with committee members regarding duties and deadlines.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator and Director of Development to create a multi-channel marketing plan to promote fundraising appeals and events via mail, email, press and social media. Will assist with the execution of this marketing plan as needed.
- Regularly assist the Director of Development with fundraising initiatives and donor management, including but not limited to, writing compelling fundraising appeals and regular donor communications.
- Manage event committees and lead regular meetings. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Director of Development.
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Position requires 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required, and the Event & Partnership Coordinator will occasionally need to work nights and weeks for special events, trainings, committee meetings and other special circumstances as directed by the Director of Development. This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Performs work in both an office and shelter setting. Potential exposure to animals, animal waste, bites, scratches, fumes from cleaning/disinfectant solutions, airborne particles, zoonotic diseases, and moderate to high noise levels when in animal areas.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND COMMUNCIATION DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle, and talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The position holder must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Requires working alone or with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated.
- Requires patience and tact when working with difficult, emotional or angry people.
- Requires speaking and writing effectively and clearly in a professional manner.
- Requires clear verbal communication over the telephone and intercom to internal or external individuals.
- Requires treating people and animals in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
- Requires ability to work in a team environment and to provide team leadership.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Lake Humane Society is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of shelter professionals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin and are an equal opportunity employer.
AT WILL DISCLAIMER: The examples of duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement or contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of the employer; as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
I understand and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the organization.
Salary Range: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
Click the button below to submit an application for this position:
Online Employment Application